By Mallory Cohen
Trying to find a caterer for your event can be a frustrating stressful experience. But if you find the right person then they should do the opposite, taking away your stress, and leaving you excited about the possibilities. The first step to finding someone who will do this for you is a simple phone call. While on your call here are some questions to think about to help you determine whether you want to work with this company.
- Do the answers you get match the answers you hoped for?
- Does the person on the other end sound excited to work with you?
- If you tell them that you’re getting married do they congratulate you? Do they ask your fiancé’s name?
- If you already know do they ask for details? Do they try to see exactly what your vision is?
- Do they sound willing to make your vision come true?
- If you don’t really know what you’re doing do they seem like they’ll be able to work with you to help you figure out what you want?
- Are they able to answer your questions?
- Have they worked before in the venues you are looking at?
- How is their pricing? Would they be able to work with your budget?
- Do they get back to you in a timely manner?
- Do they treat you as a person or as a job?
After figuring out the answers to all these questions, and finding the person who best fits what you want, you are then ready to proceed into a stress free event of your dreams.